A Catalyst for action
Climate Action Canada is a catalyst for action. We offer ideas and social marketing campaigns that you can integrate into your own programs.
The Climate Action campaign has a core design which embraces the complexity of climate action and translates it into five key areas of action:
- Being Climate Ready - preparing for extreme weather and climate impacts
- Saving Energy - conservation and renewable power
- Building Community - helping others and creating more complete and resilient communities
- Trail Blazing - adopting or developing new ideas and approaches
- Carbon Neutral - achieving net zero or a positive impact on reducing climate change
See our Solutions page for details.
We market the campaign through a variety of project ideas and campaigns, including:
- Public Awareness material - ways to raise awareness in support of community projects and campaigns
- A Climate Leaders campaign - recognizing stores, businesses and organizations that are leading the way with climate solutions
- Climate Fairs - community events to showcase products and services to help people take action
- Community Climate Plans - recognizing the role of compact and vibrant communities as the foundation for a low-carbon future.
With full funding, we could back these programs up with an online directory of incentives and support for climate solutions and a national climate card to connect consumers with discounts and incentives.
Each of these ideas can be implemented as a stand alone project - in a local neighbourhood, for a membership organization, as a municipal project, as a business association campaign, or as a nation-wide campaign. They are local, and scalable.
The true value comes from combining each of these activities into an integrated community marketing campaign, or a national climate action campaign. This is where we are able to connect voluntary sector outreach and support, business products and services, and government incentives and support into a fully integrated campaign.